The Wisconsin Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs Association annual scholarship award program was developed to offer financial assistance to full-time students enrolled in Criminal Justice programs at any college or university. Its purpose is to encourage educational growth and professionalism among police officers and deputy sheriffs.
Seven $500 scholarships will be awarded and winners will be selected on a competitive basis. Any Wisconsin state resident that is enrolling in a college, and has a course of study leading to a degree in law enforcement, is eligible.
Each WS&DSA District Director selects his/her district’s scholarship recipients. All decisions made by the Director are final.
The recipient must submit proof of his/her enrollment at an accredited college/university. Awards are not retroactive and may not be credited to semesters already completed. Recipient must be enrolled in the fall semester of this year. After the student has submitted proof of enrollment, a check for the scholarship award will be given directly to the scholarship recipient.
- Application must comply with the admission requirement for a full-time student in a Criminal Justice program at a college or university.
- To apply:
- Fill out and submit the attached Scholarship Application in its entirety.
- Enclose three letters of recommendation from three separate sources, which may include family members, school faculty and staff, neighbors, clergy, employers, civic organization and law enforcement members, etc.
- Enclose a transcript of high school grades and/or college transcript of grades.
- Relatives of employees of a law enforcement agency are encouraged to apply.
- Enclose a recent photo for use in the WS&DSA magazine.
- Failure to comply with instructions will result in ineligibility.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted no later than March 6.